At PS Packaging we strive to ensure that all our products are manufactured from materials held to the highest specification.
Aluminium and Micromix Containers
Our Aluminium and Micromix containers comply with:
- ISO 14001 Environmental management certification
- OHSAS 18001 Health and safety management certification
- ISO 22000 Food safety management certification
- PAS 223 Food packaging safety management certification
- 100% Recyclability
- Flash freezing compatibility
- Film sealing compatibility
- The ability to heat in conventional oven, grill and microwave oven
- A choice of custom printing options for brand and product identification
- The selection of different shapes & sizes
- The assurance of rigidity & safe hot handling
- Cost effectiveness
- Leakproof and resealable options with board, plastic and heal-seal closures for smoothwall containers
Use our Micromix aluminium containers in the microwave oven with confidence.
How do I use Micromix aluminium in a microwave?
- Use only shallow foil containers, no more than 3cm deep. Microwave energy might not penetrate deeper than this.
- Where appropriate, cover with a plate or microwave clingfilm. Do NOT cover with aluminium foil, or a foil-lined lid. Food completely encased in aluminium foil will receive NO microwave energy.
- Make sure the foil container does not touch any other metal (such as the sides, door or floor of the oven cavity, or any metal accessories provided by the manufacturer), to avoid arcing and possible damage to your oven. Always use containers one at a time, and place on an ovenable glass plate.
- Increase cooking time by 10%, to allow for the fact that energy is only being absorbed from one surface.
- Do not use bent or damaged foil containers, or re-use the containers in the microwave. Wash them and return for recycling.
- All other standard microwave practice applies: Stir food dishes as appropriate, leave to stand after re-heating, and ensure food is piping hot before serving.
Our range of plastics lids are manufactured from PET in line with international standards. Combination packs of containers and lids are also available. Please speak to our representatives for further information on PET lids and combination packs.
Aluminium Food Containers
The characteristics of aluminium make it an ideal material for food packaging.
It is temperature stable, has excellent conductivity, is non-toxic, odourless and moisture resistant. The combination of these advantages make aluminium foil containers ideal for various applications within the food industry, food can be chilled, frozen, baked, reheated and grilled.
Our aluminium foil containers are 100% recyclable.
Black Aluminium Caterware
The ideal tray to enhance the presentation of any particular party platter and turn functions into memorable events
Rims are made in different styles to meet the specific requirements of the container.
The rim styles offered are illustrated here. Vertical flange, hemmed edge, full curl vertical and interrupted vertical rim styles can accommodate rigid lids although in some cases, snap-on lids can be provided for full curl containers.